Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Work Log: Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill) #5


The last thing for this cosplay was to make the black cuffs at the top of her boots.  I chose not to wear actual boots because I want to be able to take off the high heels and put on flats.  So instead I'm wearing thigh highs and these cuffs will just be tucked in.

The cuffs are just made from quilter's cotton, with 1" elastic inside so that it'll stay on by itself.  When I tested it, I put it on upside down, pulled the tight high up over the elastic, then folded the rest down over the outside and it seems secure.  I added two black eyelets to the front so that I could thread the ribbon through for the bow and done.

I'm so happy that I'm done with a day to spare, lol!!

Happy cosplay!!


(Added 8/17/15 - These worked beautifully.  They stayed up the whole day and so did the thigh highs.  I had planned to some how add Xs to the thigh highs so that it would looked like a laced up boot, but forgot.  I'll have to go back and do that later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment