Friday, July 3, 2015

Work Log: Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill) #3


Last night, I made the tassels and cut out the template for the belt buckle.  After trying the tassels on they're like 2-3 inches too long in my opinion, but I probably won't worry about it too much.


I made the collar that holds the tassels 2 inches wide and 16 inches around. My neck circumference is 14", so I added 1" or comfort and then 1" more to accommodate snaps.

In my effort to be accurate I decided the "scarf" portion should stop just a little below my hip line, so I measured to the top of the back pocket on my jeans. From the base of my neck to that line is 25" and I added two more to the top to anchor the tassels securely to the collar. The fur part of the tassels is 21" in length, since Esdeath's are so ridiculously huge, and they're just stuffed with polyester filling. Mine aren't as round and fat as hers are because I didn't want them to be too heavy and after trying them on, they're actually more comfortable than I thought they'd be.

Today I'll hopefully finish everything that's left since I don't have anything else to do today.  I just have to make and attach the belt buckle, make the thigh highs and decorate the hat from Amazon. 

I'm getting so excited about wearing this.

Happy Cosplaying!

No comments:

Post a Comment