Monday, August 17, 2015

Hey! That's me in that article!!

A journalist from VICE Magazine was writing a story about cosplay and anime in the black community and they interviewed me, my husband and our two friends.  It was absolutely exciting to just be interviewed, but they even used all of our interviews and published the article with pictures of us!  Out of the 30 people that she interviewed, she actually used all of us.  It's so exciting!  I wish it was in print so that I could buy a bunch of copies, but printing it out from online will have to do.

The article titled "What Black Anime Fans Can Teach Us About Race in America" was a really good read, and I'm so happy to have been able to contribute.  If you want to read it yourself, just click the link above.

Happy cosplay!


No comments:

Post a Comment