Friday, August 3, 2012

Otakon 2012

First, isn't my new banner amazing!  THANKS BF!






Otakon was pretty fun.  There were TONS of people there as expected.  We only got into 4 of the panels we wanted to get into, but still had a good time.  I got tons of compliments on my Yoko cosplay, and I was happy about that b/c I worked super hard on that.  One girl even asked me if I bought it ^_^ !!  I'll do a post about how I made my boots later. (And I know I'm missing a bracelet.  I hadn't finished sewing on the buttons yet, but I did and put it on later that day.)




I really loved my Lucy cosplay.  It was super comfortable, but I kept forgetting about the horns and bumping them, lol.  There were a bunch of other Lucys there and I took pics with almost all of them.   Being that the dress is the first item of clothing I've ever made I think I did a pretty good job.  I bought the shirt from Amazon.com, the socks from Sockdreams.com, the shoes from Target, and wig from Epic Cosplay, and made the music box.  Well. . .









I bought a pre-made wooden box from Michael's, stained it, lined the inside with some burgundy felt I bought on clearance from Hancock Fabrics.  The lines on the top front and back on the box that would be done with a woodburner "in real life", were just drawn on by my BF with a Sharpie before I stained.  That was totally his idea, and really helped the box looked authentic.  I made the inner and outer "plates" from craft foam and acrylic paint.  At some point I'll have a real gold plate engraved for the inside, but I didn't have time this year.  For the inner plate, I printed Lilium out on some cardstock, glued that onto the craft foam and them painted it.  The box also plays Lilium, with a mechanism I found on Amazon ^_^. 


Cosplaying turned out to be more fun that I thought it would be.  I've already started on my next cosplay which will be, Maka Albarn from Soul Eater; I'll be wearing that for Nekocon in November.  I'm knitting the sweater vest myself.  I'm using the Academia pattern.  It's from Twist Collective, but I found it on Ravelry.  I'm hoping to be finished with that before I have to go back to work in September.  Wish me luck!!

Happy Cosplaying!

No comments:

Post a Comment