Sunday, August 26, 2012

Next up: Maka Albarn and Gogo Yubari

Our next Con is Nekcon in Hampton, VA on Nov 2-4.  That gives me about 70 days to get my next two cosplays together.   


 Gogo Yubari (Kill Bill Vol. 1)

and

Maka Albarn (Soul Eater)



I've already started acquiring and scouting items.  It looks like I may have to buy more Gogo stuff than I would like but I haven't given up yet.  I really want to get the fabric for her skirt as accurate as possible, so I'm still looking for a plaid I can use to make my own before, I just buy a pre-made skirt.

I was also surprised to notice in her fight with the bride (Uma Thurman) that her sneakers are most likely Nike Air Force Ones.  That's hilarious to me, so I will definitely be scouting around Ebay for a pre-worn pair of those in my size.

As for Maka, I'm already working on her sweater vest.  I'm knitting it myself using the Academia pattern from Twist Collective.  I'm using the Cascade 220 Superwash Sport on the Lemon (#820) colorway.  The original pattern as a fair-isle section, but I'm obviously just going to knit the vest plain.

My local fabric store has a cute red/black plaid twill that I'll be buying to make her skirt.  I would like to make the tie if I can find some striped fabric even if it's cotton.  And if I'm feeling brave and still have a few weeks time, I'll attempt her coat and make a scythe.  Otherwise I'll just re-cover some used books and make my own creative and Soul Eater related titles and carry those.

Overall, I'm just hoping that I don't get so involved in work that I run out of time to finish these cosplays.  The beginning of the school year is such a crunch time, that I usually come how and crash.  Wish me luck and . . .

Happy Cosplaying!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi I found a Soul Eater Scythe tutorial type in Soul Eater Scythe Tutorial and I found a tie pattern at Spotlight Hope it helps




    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete