Monday, February 10, 2014

Ring of Fire Con is Coming to Town



This year will be the first year for Ring of Fire Con or RoFCon in Virginia Beach, Va.  It's next weekend, February 28-March 2.  From what I've heard, it's run by the same group of people that run Nekocon in Hampton, VA and so if that's true then it should be a good time.  They are trying something sort of new and attempting to have literally 24 hours of programming, which should be interesting, because usually in the wee hours of the night, your only choices are either go to the dance or watch shows/movies.  I'm interested to see if they truly have really interesting and valuable programming 24 hours around.


My schedule is too tight this time of year to make new cosplays, so I'm just going to re-wear Hajime Ichinose from Gatchaman Crowds and Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill Vol. 1.  I'm super excited about Gogo because I absolutely love that character and got a lot of compliments on my weapon.  Since this is supposed to be not just an anime convention, but an all around "nerd" stuff convention, she'll be super appropriate.  I even bought a better jacket for her, than the last one.  I just need to replace the buttons and move the patch from the old jacket to the new one.

  
After this I won't have another convention until AMA in mid June, and if I motivate myself I think I can have my Kyouko Kirigiri from Dangan Ronpa cosplay finished.  I just have to make the tie and the jacket.  I think it's totally doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment